Meeting and event planners frequently find themselves organizing multi-day events that include formal programs during the day and evening activities at night. When creating the agenda, many event planners are looking for ways to maximize the time without exhausting guests.
To be sure, desserts are an excellent element to incorporate into any evening reception, welcome party, final event party and a host of other programs.
As part of its media week launch, the organizers behind Wynn Encore Las Vegas offered attendees the chance to enjoy dinner at leisure, but hosted a dessert reception on property to showcase one of Wynn's event venues -- the Penske-Wynn Ferrari/Maserati dealership, while giving the attending media an opportunity to experience a full range of dessert ideas offered at five of Wynn and Encore's restaurant pastry chefs (not a bad way to promote one's services).
In total, event organizers included 15 different dessert ideas (and several of those had different variations making the choices even greater); however, planners can feel completely comfortable with nine or more different choices. Wynn Encore organizers also offered two specialty cocktails to go along with the sweets.
The Wynn/Encore Dessert Reception Event Menu
- Tiramisu Martini
- Coconut Macaroon
Desserts by SW Steakhouse, Kimberly Valdez, Pastry Chef:
- Key Lime Pie
- Coconut Cream & Mojito Sauce
- Carmel Bar
- Toasted Marshmallow & Carmel Sauce
- Carmel Popcorn (bagged)
Desserts by Switch, Jaqueline Caraballo, Pastry Chef:
- Banana Foster - Vanilla Ice cream, Sauteed Bananas with Bourboncourt Rum
- Petit Duo Macaroon Ice Cream Sandwiches - Chocolate Macaroon filled with Vanilla Ice Cream and Vanilla Macaroon filled with Chocolate Ice Cream
Desserts by Wynn Las Vegas, Frederic Robert, Executive Pastry Chef:
- Mini Ice Cream Lollipops - Vanilla, Mango, Strawberry, Cheesecake
- Fruit Soup - Citrus Zest, Mint Salad, Coconut, Crumble, Crispy Almond
- Mason Jars: Cheesecake - Red Fruits Forest, Crème Caramel Upside Down, Choco-Caramel Rice Krispy Praline, Lime Mousse with Pineapple
Desserts by Botero, Patrick Florendo, Pastry Chef:
- PB 'n' J Brioche Boughnuts with Peanut Butter Sauce
- Adult Mojito Sobert with Cruzan Rum
Desserts by Alex, Jennifer Fournier, Pastry Chef:
- Vanilla Citrus Parfait with Toasted Yuzu Fluff and Brown Butter Croutons
- Melted Chocolate Banana Cream with Crunchy Dark Chocolate
- Mascarpone Panna Cotta with Compressed Pears and Sauterne Gelee