A good wedding planner will always have a stock of emergency wedding supplies, including items that the bride and her attendants wouldn't think to have on hand! This checklist includes some essential items that go above and beyond "standard" wedding emergency kits.
Wedding Day Emergency Kit Essentials
- Facial blotting papers for reducing shine on both women and men
- Cotton swabs for fixing makeup mishaps
- Tweezers for errant eyebrow hairs (or unexpected splinters!)
- Green floral tape and pins in case a boutonniere needs to be improvised
- Moleskin bandages to prevent or ease the pain of blisters caused by new shoes
- White chalk for masking stains on a white wedding gown
- Hem tape, double-sided fashion tape and safety pins in white and black to repair attire as needed
- Anti-static spray
- Hard candy in case of dry mouth, sudden low blood sugar, or jitters
- Acetominophen, chewable antacids, and anti-diarrheal medication in case of illness
- A spare pen, preferably an elegant one, in case one is needed for the guest book
- Long-handled candle lighter for votive candles
Being prepared for wedding day emergencies means foreseeing any potential problems -- with the client, the venue or the vendors -- and having the necessary supplies to prevent these problems before they affect the wedding day.