Your Career in Event Planning
By Geoff Beers
Jobs and Employers
Many opportunities exist for individuals interested in an event planning career path. Check out these suggested event career sources to help you find the right opportunities for you.
- Event Planning Job Boards
- Event Planning Nationwide U.S. Jobs
- Common Corporate Jobs with Event Planning Responsibilities
- Event Planning Jobs in Corporate Organizations
- Event Planner Salaries
- A Map to Your First Event Planning Job
Qualifications and Professional Development
Although many people associate the work of an event planner as simply party planning, it's real purpose is to organize events that focus on a rationale or goal of an event, and determine whether those objectives are achieved. And this requires strong organizational, negotiation and other skills.
- What is an Event Planner?
- Key Event Planning Skills to Highlight on Your Resume
- What is the Certified Meeting Professional Designation?
- What Trade Shows and Industry Conferences Should Event Planners Attend?
- What is the MPI World Education Congress?
- What is ISES Eventworld?
Industry Tools and Resources
A good event planner should be familiar with a range of planning tools, a good network of contacts and the creativity to procure services -- without concerning the client.